Sam McCall, Kelly Monaco, of General Hospital, escapes a fire at her home

Sam McCall, Kelly Monaco, of General Hospital, escapes a fire at her home

“Something as small as a cigarette butt can cause casualties and havoc,” the star warned after the fire.

By an unfortunate twist of fate, the off-screen life of Kelly Monaco (Sam) has become as dramatic as a general hospital storyline when a fire broke out at her home in Sherman Oaks.

According to a report on TMZ, Monaco woke up to flames in its front yard outside its windows on the morning of Friday May 13. The fire quickly spread to the house.

After: The General Hospital alum gets mean…or does she?

Video from the scene shows numerous fire trucks parked outside his house with firefighters coming and going…and a ton of smoke!

Monaco, who was fortunately able to escape the flames when they engulfed part of her home, can be seen and heard in the video confirming her home is on fire.

Although the Monaco home didn’t burn down entirely, the report says “hundreds of thousands of dollars” of damage was caused and the actress won’t be able to live there “for quite a while.”

After handing over his security footage to arson investigators, it was determined that the fire was not started on purpose, but was instead the result of “someone throwing a lit cigarette butt onto the empty lot next to his house”.

Monaco shared a clip of the fire in their front yard, which spread intensely and very quickly. He can be heard saying, “Isn’t that wild?”

As a warning after the traumatic incident, Monaco told the outlet: “Something as small as a cigarette butt can cause casualties and havoc.

After: Bold & Beautiful star bandaged up on screen after house fire

Our thoughts are with Monaco as they deal with this terrible turn of events and we are so relieved that they were able to walk away unscathed.

Relive Sam McCall’s story in the photo gallery below.

Video: TMZ

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *