Honor No More has been going crazy in Impact for too long. At Frankie Kazarian’s request, Scott D’Amore took whatever he could. He can’t take it anymore. D’Amore booked Honor No More against a team of Impact Originals to protect the sanctity of the 20-year celebration at Slammiversary.
The Impact Originals team consists of Chris Sabin, Alex Shelley and Kazarian who take on the Honor No More quintet of Eddie Edwards, Matt Taven, Mike Bennett, Vincent and PCO. D’Amore gave carte blanche to the Impact leaders to select their last two teammates. The only caveat was that these men had to represent the love of the Impact.
The Impact dropped a bombshell during the Thursday night edition of Impact wrestling to reveal a former TNA World Champion as one of the Impact Originals partners. Nick Aldis is the man of the hour.
Aldis is a sturdy hitter worthy of the spot. He rose through the ranks as Magnus to hold the TNA World Heavyweight Championship for 128 days. Aldis is also a two-time TNA Tag Champion, former IWGP Tag Champion, former GHC Tag Champion, and former GFW World Champion. After Aldis’s move to TNA, he helped restore prominence to the NWA by holding the NWA Worlds Heavyweight Championship twice. He joined a select club wearing the belt for 1,043 days in his second reign.
There is still a place for the Impact Originals team. No clue was given. That means hope for Samoa Joe still burns bright. James Storm and Jeff Jarrett are other big names that would make headlines.
The Slammiversary the card currently includes:
- Impact World Championship: Josh Alexander (c) vs. Eric Young
- Queen of the Mountain for the Knockout Championship: Tasha Steelz (c) vs. Deonna Purrazzo vs. Chelsea Green vs. Jordynne Grace vs. Mia Yim with Mickie James as special guest enforcer
- Impact World Team Championship: Briscoes (c) vs. Good Brothers
- Ultimate X for the X-Division Championship: Ace Austin (c) vs. Trey Miguel vs. Kenny King vs. “Speedball” Mike Bailey vs. Jack Evans vs. Alex Zayne
- World Team Knockout Championship: Tenille Dashwood and Madison Rayne (c) against Rosemary and Taya Valkyrie
- Monster Ball: Sami Callihan vs. Moose
- Honor No More (Eddie Edwards, Matt Taven, Mike Bennett, Vincent and PCO) vs Impact Originals (Chris Sabin, Alex Shelley, Frankie Kazarian, Nick Aldis and another partner)
- Impact Digital Media Championship: Rich Swann (c) vs. Brian Myers (pre-show)
- Reverse Battle Royal (in pre-show)
Slammiversary will go live at 8 p.m. ET on Sunday, June 19 via PPV and Fite TV.
Are you excited about Nick Aldis’ choice? How the Slammiversary pile of cards in your eyes?