Speculating on rumors surrounding professional wrestling is a favorite pastime for many fans, perhaps right after watching matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors from the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that: rumours. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating in the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track the accuracy of rumors in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back which you can find here. Remember, take everything with a grain of salt.
Rumors of the day:
- Paul “Triple H” Levesque was in Orlando yesterday and spoke at the WWE Performance Center, Post Wrestling’s John Pollock reports. Pollock tweeted: “Among the people I heard, Lévesque said ‘he’s back’ – it’s unclear what that implies, but that’s the wording I was given.”
- Bryan Alvarez confirmed Triple H’s visit to Wrestling Observer Live, adding that WWE’s Executive Vice President of Global Talent Strategy and Development said he “was there for professional reasons and he’s not couldn’t say why yet.
- Charlotte Flair is announced by the August 12 SmackDown venue, suggesting that Flair’s return could come after Slam summer.
- Dewey Foley no longer works for WWE, according to PW Insider. Mick’s son, who has been part of the creative team since 2016 and was at one time one of the senior editors of 205 liveresigned in April.
- Solo Sikoa told BT Sports that WWE considered putting him and his brothers The Usos on SmackDown, but he wanted to establish his own identity so they put him on NXT instead.
If you’ve heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Please remember that these are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check out our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be true.